- “You” and “Your” mean the individual or entity visiting or using the Site.
- “We,” “Us” and “Our” mean Jaffe.
- “Site” refers to Jaffe’s website, www.jaffelaw.com, and other related websites, blogs, domains, and mobile sites maintained by Jaffe, including blogs available at www.electronicpaymentslaw.com and www.michigangreenlaw.com.
- “Jaffe” means Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss, Professional Corporation, a Michigan professional corporation.
- “Non-Personal Information” is any information that is not Personally Identifiable Information.
- “Personally Identifiable Information” is non-public information We receive from Your use of the Site that can be used, alone or in combination with other information in Our possession, to identify a particular individual. It may include information such as name, address, telephone number and other personal information you provide us.
2. Information Collected
A. Information Automatically Collected
We may use automatic data collection technology to record other information that identifies Your device and tracks Your behavior on the Site. We may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from Your browser, including your IP address, the pages you request, the pages you visited from our partner and affiliate websites and the products you viewed.
This information is considered Non-Personal Information we can use for any purpose, including to help us improve the Site and to enhance Your and other users’ experience. However, we will treat as Personally Identifiable Information any item that, either alone or with other information, we could use to identify an individual. For example, without Your permission, we will not share with third parties the link between Your IP address and Your Personally Identifiable Information, except as described in Section 6.B. (“Compliance with Legal Process”) below.
B. Information You Provide
You do not have to provide any Personally Identifiable Information to browse the Site. However, You may voluntarily send Us information from the Site, including Personally Identifiable Information. Accordingly, with Your consent, We may collect Personally Identifiable Information about you from the following sources:
- Information You Give Us through a contact page or other forms on the Site; or
- Information You provide us when you sign up for an RSS (rich site summary) feed on the Site; or
- Information You Send Us by any medium, including texts, mail, telephone, and social media interaction; or
- If you use a mobile device platform to access the Site or to communicate with Us, information transmitted from Your mobile device.
Jaffe collects and processes certain voluntarily submitted Personally Identifiable Information for or to enhance Jaffe’s educational, networking, marketing, social, and recruiting activities, and for other similar business purposes. We may also use Personally Identifiable Information to provide You information regarding legal developments We believe may interest you. We do not share such Personally Identifiable Information with entities outside of Jaffe other than service providers who assist Jaffe in carrying out these business functions.
We may also use the information You send Us, including Personally Identifiable Information You have submitted, to provide You legal services, if you are or become a client of Jaffe, or We deal with any requests or inquiries you make.
To help us optimize the Site, We may allow other authorized third parties to place or recognize unique cookies on your browser. Any information provided to third parties through cookies will not be Personally Identifiable Information but may provide general segment information to enhance your user experience by providing more relevant marketing. Third-party services and tools We use and which may send cookies to users of the Site, and to collect certain information from users, include:
Besides these site analytic tools, Our blogs may use these social media tools:
Pinterest/Pinterest Conversion Tracker: Pinterest/Pinterest Conversion Tracker, operated by Pinterest, collects anonymous data (browser information, cookie data, date/time, demographic data, hardware/software type, page views), pseudonymous (IP Address (EU PII), location-based data, device ID (EU PII)) PII (name, phone number, email address, login, EU-IP address, EU-unique device ID ) Sensitive (financial information)
These third-party services share with undisclosed third-parties: aggregate data, anonymous data, PII data, and sensitive data. Their data retention policy is undisclosed.
Here are links to some browsers’ websites:
- Google Chrome: www.google.com
- Internet Explorer: support.microsoft.com
- Mozilla Firefox: support.mozilla.org
- Safari: support.apple.com
- Opera: www.opera.com
D. Do Not Track Notice.
Your browser may provide you with the option to send a “Do Not Track” signal to websites you visit. This signal is used to request that websites not send the requesting device cookies, but websites have no obligation to respond to such signal or to modify their operation. At the current time, the Site is not programmed to recognize Do Not Track signals, so the Site will not treat you differently if we receive such signals from Your browser and We may not comply with Do Not Track settings on Your browser.
4. Links to Other Sites
5. Use of Aggregate Data
6. When We May Disclose Your Information
Except as set forth below or as specifically agreed to by You, Jaffe will disclose no Personally Identifiable Information gathered from You on the Site.
- We may share Personally Identifiable Information We collect (i) when required or advised to do so in response to a valid legal requirement, such as a state or federal law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order; or (ii) in special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to you or others, to protect property, or assert legal rights or defend ourselves in litigation. If We are legally compelled to disclose Your Personally Identifiable Information to a third party, We will attempt to notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order.
- If you do not want us to share your information with Our contractors and service provider, You can direct us not to share that information by contacting us. An opt-out of information sharing will not apply to information sharing arrangements described Section 6.B.
7. CAN-SPAM Compliance Notice
Jaffe complies with the federal CAN-SPAM Act. You can always opt-out of receipt of further email correspondence from us.
8. Transfer of Ownership
9. Notice to Residents of Countries outside of the United States of America
10. California Privacy Rights
Under Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information from companies with whom they have an established business relationship. That information is about the Personally Identifiable Information those companies have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. The law requires companies to inform consumers about the categories of Personally Identifiable Information shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by Jaffe under Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 60 days for a response.
11. Children’s Privacy Protection.
Jaffe takes special care to protect the privacy needs of children under the age of 13 and Jaffe encourages parents to be an active participant in their child’s online activities. Jaffe abides by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and other relevant laws. The Site does not target and is not intended for children under the age of 13, and Jaffe will not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from them. If Jaffe discovers personal data from a child gathered through the Site, Jaffe will eliminate that data. This Site is not intended for persons under the age of 18. If you are under 18 you must ask a parent or legal guardian for permission before submitting any information to this Site.
If you are an individual, you may have certain rights under data protection legislation, including the right to review and correct the personal data We hold about you. Unless you reside in California or another jurisdiction that requires us to provide the information without charge, We may charge you a fee to receive a copy of this data. For a copy of or reasonable access to your personal data please contact us.
14. Security Measures
Jaffe provides appropriate and reasonable physical, procedural and electronic information security measures to protect the personal information submitted to it. Jaffe, consistent with its professional obligations, exercises the utmost discretion regarding the information our clients entrust to us. Jaffe accepts and processes client information always subject to the client’s direction and control, and Jaffe maintains reasonable and appropriate, although not infallible, security precautions. Please raise any questions, concerns or specific directions you may have regarding the privacy and security of your information with the attorney handling your matter.
15. European Union Disclosure
Personal information voluntarily submitted to Jaffe online, via electronic communication, or otherwise, may be maintained or accessed in servers or files in the United States of America, which the European Union has not deemed to provide “adequate” privacy protection. If you do not consent to have your information processed and stored in the United States of America, please do not provide it to Jaffe.
If you have a privacy question about the Site or software, please email Our customer service department.