Sports, Arts & Entertainment
Your talent is unique and valuable, both to you and to the world. Protect yourself by ensuring that the way you choose to share that talent is not only lucrative, but safe, too.
Whether you are an individual or a company at any stage of development, our dedicated attorneys are prepared to advance your position and ensure that you are well situated – both in terms of compensation and otherwise – to advance your career goals and legal projects. Our work includes all aspects of contract negotiation, brand representation, real estate, acquisition and sales, and intellectual property protection for athletes, artists, entertainers, media companies, and educational institutions. We recognize that each client is unique and requires special care and attention from our team, which has a deep knowledge of the law, industry, and personalities involved.
We have an established history of representing clients in the complex areas of law that can arise as they move forward in their careers. This often involves an intermingling of other areas of law, such as contract, employment, taxation, privacy, contract, immigration, First Amendment, trademark and copyright, intellectual property, real estate, deal making, and mergers and acquisitions, among others. At Jaffe, we collaborate across practice groups to ensure that every aspect of your unique situation has been addressed. Our goal is to be your trusted, long-term partner and to help you achieve and thrive, all the while tackling any obstacles in creative and cost-effective ways.
- Business deals
- Representation contracts
- Endorsement deals
- Intellectual Property
- Business formation
- Negotiated and launched a two-time Emmy-nominated television show on the CW Network
- Launched innovative high-tech music-startup company
- Prevailed in oral arguments before the seven judge federal Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation regarding arts-related litigation
- Served as amicus curiae advisor for important arts-related litigation in the United States Supreme Court
- Launched and leads the Holocaust Art Recovery Initiative, aiming to educate the public about the ongoing problem of artwork looted during the Holocaust and assist in its ongoing recovery
- Lectured nationally on arts and entertainment law-related topics, including music copyrights and art fraud/theft
- Authored scholarly works, including “Holocaust Art Recovery Initiative Aims to Spread Awareness of the HEAR Act and Help Victims”, Michigan Bar Journal, December, 201