SOUTHFIELD, Mich., Oct. 20, 2022 – Michigan Lawyers Weekly recently named Sam Schiffer, attorney and partner at Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss, a member of the 2022 class of “Leaders in the Law.” Jaffe CEO Mark Cooper made the announcement. “With over a decade of service, Sam has established an impressive track record of success ...
Businesses and individuals can be subjected to a vast array of challenges in a real estate transaction, such as financing and insurance issues, estate planning concerns, and taxation matters. As often the largest assets in any portfolio, real estate transactions require dedicated attention and an expansive range of skills to address effectively.
At Jaffe, we provide sophisticated legal services in the areas of commercial, industrial, retail, and residential real estate to private and institutional developers, builders, REITs, management companies, real estate brokers, and individuals. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work, quick response, innovative ideas, personal service, and a broad range of expertise in all areas of real estate. We are a full-service real estate practice group: If it has been done, we have done it.
We regularly counsel clients with respect to a wide range of matters, including land development, construction, land use, acquisition, sale, financing, joint ventures, troubled loans, loan workouts, leasing and property rights issues for commercial real estate that ranges from major office and manufacturing facilities, hotels, manufactured home communities and apartments to outlet malls, storage facilities, shopping centers, senior housing facilities, vacant land and mixed-use projects.
Jaffe’s real estate attorneys manage all aspects of the sale and purchase of real estate for developers and investors. We work on single-asset and portfolio sales and acquisitions from beginning to end. In representing our real estate clients, we often involve our Tax, Estate Planning, Environmental, and Corporate practice groups in evaluating and counseling clients in every aspect of a transaction. From beginning to end and beyond, our Real Estate attorneys partner with you to achieve your investment goals.
- Broker agreements
- Letters of intent
- Entity formation & tax structuring
- Operating agreements and joint-venture agreements
- Purchase agreement drafting and negotiation
- Title insurance and survey review
- Zoning and environmental review
- Management agreements
- Lease reviews
- Operating agreements and joint-venture agreements
- Section 1031 exchange matters
- Closing documentation
- All financing-related matters, including review and negotiation of loan documentation
- Opportunity zones
Meet Our Team
- Represented publicly-traded REIT in a $343.6 million acquisition of 31 manufactured housing communities
- Represented publicly-traded REIT in a 66-year ground lease with the Port of San Diego for a ground up development of a destination RV park
- Represented publicly-traded REIT in a $56.5 million acquisition of 372 manufactured housing sites
- Represented publicly-traded REIT in a $1.68 billion merger and acquisition of 103 manufactured housing and RV communities.
- Represented national storage property owner in the $100,000,000 CMBS refinancing of 23 self-storage properties.
- Represented national storage property owner in the sale of multi-property portfolio in multiple states.
- Represented publicly-traded REIT in a portfolio acquisition of 59 manufactured housing and RV communities in 11 states.
June 30, 2022
Sam Schiffer Named Go To Lawyer For Real Estate and Condo Law by Michigan Lawyers Weekly
SOUTHFIELD, Mich., June 30, 2022 – Michigan Lawyers Weekly recently named Sam Schiffer, attorney and partner at Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss, as one of Michigan’s Go To Lawyers for Real Estate and Condo Law. Jaffe CEO Mark Cooper made the announcement. “Sam has been an integral part of the Jaffe team for more than ...
January 27, 2022
Eldonna Ruddock Joins Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss, P.C.
SOUTHFIELD, Mich., Jan. 27 2022 — Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss, P.C. recently welcomed Eldonna Ruddock to their team of legal professionals. Ruddock joins the firm as part of the real estate practice group as Of Counsel. Jaffe CEO Jeffrey M. Weiss made the announcement. Ruddock brings a vigorous set of skills and experiences to ...
January 12, 2022
Chris Haboian, Daniel Ungar and Michelle Younger named Partners at Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss. P.C.
SOUTHFIELD, Mich., Jan. 12, 2022 — Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss, P.C has named Chris Haboian, Daniel Ungar and Michelle Younger as the three newest partners at the firm, effective January 1, 2022. Jaffe CEO Jeffrey M. Weiss made the announcement. “As a firm focused on results, we are proud to recognize these three attorneys ...
November 30, 2021
16 Jaffe Attorneys Named as 2022 Top Lawyers by Dbusiness
SOUTHFIELD, MICH., November 30, 2021 – Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss, P.C. CEO Jeffrey M. Weiss announced that 16 attorneys were recognized as 2022 Top Lawyers by DBusiness. The Top Lawyers list is compiled via a peer review survey, polling nearly 20,000 attorneys in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Washtenaw and Livingston counties. Each attorney was asked ...