Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Business-driven litigation is the cornerstone of our wheelhouse, but not every dispute has to erupt into full-blown litigation. There are times when it makes sense to settle, and there are times when it makes sense to challenge.
At Jaffe, we follow a practical, client-centered approach. Litigation requires both financial costs and client time and we take both into consideration to provide the most efficient process that leads to your best solution while adhering to your budget. Our most successful clients call us at the start of a dispute to ensure it is addressed quickly — and many times that is without litigation. However, we are at the ready to intercede at any point in the conflict to reach a favorable outcome. If litigation proceeds, we dedicate ourselves to strongly position our clients for success.
Responsiveness to your needs is paramount to our mutual success. Jaffe attorneys have the knowledge, experience, and credentials to litigate nationwide in any state or federal court when necessary, or to engage in any form of alternative dispute resolution. Because businesses are run by people, we provide a full complement of family law, probate, tax, immigration, and criminal defense services. This cross-disciplinary approach makes us a full-service business law firm, ensuring that every angle of your dispute is evaluated and that every issue – obvious or lurking – is resolved.
We represent individuals, closely-held businesses, start-up ventures, and public companies. We have the latest case management systems and the most sophisticated tools to keep us lean, cost-effective, and current. Collectively, our attorneys share many decades of experience resolving high-stakes lawsuits and building an enviable track record of success. Many of our lawyers are long-standing members of the most recognized “Best,” “Top,” and “Super” lawyer recognition lists.
At Jaffe, we know how to mediate and arbitrate. We know how to present deeply complex and technical issues to a jury so that they become compelling, persuasive narratives. Judges know us and respect us, and we pride ourselves on being active in local and national bar associations.
- Administrative matters
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Appeals of arbitration and mediation decisions
- Antitrust litigation
- Aviation litigation
- Banking litigation
- Bankruptcy/Insolvency litigation
- Building and construction litigation
- Canadian litigation
- Class actions
- Contract disputes
- Construction litigation
- Corporate and partnership break-ups
- Criminal defense in regulated professions and businesses
- Employment and labor claims
- Environmental law
- ERISA claims
- Family law
- Finance litigation
- General commercial litigation
- Health care and hospital law
- Immigration Issues
- Insurance law
- Intellectual property litigation
- Lease and landlord/tenant disputes
- Litigation management
- Minority shareholder oppression litigation
- Personal injury defense
- Product liability
- Real estate and realty development litigation
- Securities Industry and Enforcement Action litigation
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- Unfair competition and antitrust
- Will contests and probate litigation
- Zoning law