With state and federal environmental regulations constantly evolving, as well as shifting enforcement priorities, it takes innovative approaches to solve what often seem like insurmountable problems.
At Jaffe, we offer cutting-edge expertise and the confidence that comes with decades of experience to help our clients navigate the complex minefield of environmental laws and regulations. We work closely with developers, manufacturers, lenders, buyers, sellers, borrowers, entrepreneurs, and municipalities in all areas of environmental law to reduce their exposure to environmental liabilities and to develop cost-effective compliance strategies. Our extensive knowledge helps our clients avoid obstacles, solve problems, and take maximum advantage of opportunities.
In addition to providing exceptional representation in environmental law matters, our attorneys serve on committees and working groups that are critical in the drafting of important legislation related to environmental liability, incentives for brownfield redevelopment, and solid waste regulations. This means that our deep knowledge and experience with environmental issues extend beyond the here and now to help shape the laws that affect our clients and their businesses and provide them opportunities into the future.
Additionally, our attorneys deal with state and federal superfund liability issues, negotiate with state and federal agencies, and litigate complex legal questions at every level of administrative and judicial proceedings. We are active in all facets of environmental litigation, including cost recovery and contribution lawsuits, citizen suits, contested cases, administrative proceedings, lawsuits under the Michigan Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, and the defense of governmental enforcement actions.
- Green energy
- Oil and gas issues
- Green construction and resource usage minimization
- State and federal superfund defense and cost recovery
- Brownfield redevelopment and funding
- Solid and hazardous waste management issues
- Wetland permitting/disputes
- Underground storage tank closure
- Clean Air Act permitting and defense
- Asbestos, lead paint and mold issues
- Negotiating settlements and orders with environmental agencies
- Structuring purchases, financings and sales of property with environmental challenges
- Environmental issues relating to insolvent and troubled enterprises
- Overseeing environmental site and compliance assessments
- Insurance recovery for contaminated sites
- Wastewater treatment