Penny Kinzer is a paralegal in our Litigation & Dispute Resolution and White Collar Criminal Defense practice groups. She has extensive litigation experience working on high profile, multi-million dollar cases.
As a case manager, Penny oversees and directs the organization and progression of complex commercial and class action litigation, as well as construction and employment disputes. Her involvement begins with the initial case outline, witness interviews, legal research and researching facts, witnesses, and experts. She is also involved with the discovery, including drafting interrogatories and requests for documents, subpoenas, answering interrogatories, gathering and producing documents and maintaining electronic and physical documents.
Penny works with the courts, mediators, opposing counsel, and clients to streamline and expedite processes and resolve issues. As the case proceeds, she drafts pleadings, attends depositions and client meetings, and assists at trials and mediations. When the case comes to a close, she handles drafting settlement agreements, judgments, garnishments and dismissals.
- American Institute of Paralegal Studies
- Northwood University
Associate in Business Management
- State Bar of Michigan Paralegal Section
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Congregation Shir Tikvah Sisterhood Committee, Co-Chair
- Detroit Metropolitan Opera Theatre
- Habitat for Humanity
- Food Bank Council of Michigan
- South Oakland Shelter
- Troy Sisterhood, Giving Back Award
- Keego Harbor Neighborhood Association, Community Justice Award