April 27, 2020
Natalie Watkins is an attorney in our Mergers & Acquisitions, Securities & Corporate Governance, Finance and Emerging & Growth Business practice groups.
Natalie assists in the representation of a wide range of clients in securities and capital markets, private debt and equity financings, mergers and acquisitions, and all aspects of corporate formation, governance, and operations. Her expertise includes:
- Representing issuers in public offerings of equity and debt securities, including counseling clients with respect to disclosure and securities compliance matters with the Securities Exchange Commission, NYSE, and Nasdaq.
- Assisting in the representation of start-up and emerging growth enterprises in structuring, negotiating, and documenting private placements of debt and equity financings offerings, including convertible note rounds and the sale of preferred stock.
- Routinely supporting senior partners and clients with merger and acquisition transactions of all types, including asset purchases, equity purchases and mergers for a variety of clients across various industries and jurisdictions.
- Assisting in advising clients on day-to-day corporate legal needs, including general legal advice, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, employment and consulting agreements, non-compete agreements, and additional general corporate matters.
Education & Admissions
Education & Admissions
- Michigan State University College of Law
J.D., summa cum laude
Board Member and Notes Editor for the Michigan State Law Review
- Western Michigan University
B.A. in Political Science, magna cum laude
- Assisted in the representation of a real estate investment trust in various public offerings raising gross proceeds of approximately $1.3 billion
- Assisted in the representation of an encryption and anti-spam software developer and provider in a sale to a publicly traded buyer
- Assisted in the representation of Virginia Candle Company (Smith Mountain Industries) in a $100M sale to Newell Brands
- Assisted in the representation of a specialty food manufacturer in a sale to a private equity buyer
- Assisted in the representation of a global insurance restoration and rehabilitation company in connection with initial financing and refinancing of $500M+ syndicated loan facility
- Assisted in the representation of a nationwide water and sewer pipe rehabilitation firm in connection recapitalization transaction, including equity offering and refinancing of senior and mezzanine debt
- Assisted in the representation of a precision components manufacturer in connection with recapitalization transaction, including equity offering and refinancing of senior and mezzanine debt
- State Bar of Michigan
- Young Catholic Professionals