August 15, 2022
Jonathan Schwartz is an attorney in our Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice group who works closely with our Appellate, Employment & Labor, Executive Compensation, Insurance, Intellectual Property & Information Technology practice groups.
Jonathan represents and advises clients in a variety of high-profile business, commercial, employment, real estate, intellectual property, First Amendment, and entertainment legal matters in Michigan, across the United States, and internationally. His clients have included multi-national corporations, successful technology start-ups, Fortune 500 executives, legendary musicians and artists, life-changing charities, and entrepreneurs in every industry imaginable.
In addition to his extensive work on trials and appeals, Jonathan assists clients with forming, growing, acquiring, and selling businesses and assets. He drafts and enforces contracts and agreements and resolves the trickiest employment issues. Known as a “deal maker” Jonathan also negotiates and closes agreements and resolves complex disputes, while at all times vigorously defending the reputations, interests, intellectual property and Constitutional rights of his diverse client base. He is relentlessly dedicated to providing successful results and exceptional service, at all times, and treats his devoted clients like family.
Education & Admissions
Education & Admissions
- Wayne State University
J.D., cum laude
- University of Michigan
B.A. in political science
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Successfully represented clients in a variety of bench and jury trials
- Negotiated key strategic partnership with a global corporate partner for technology start-up client
- Represented Fortunate 500 Company Executives in multi-million dollar contract negotiations
- Led legal team spearheading the eight-figure sale of medical/tech business.
- Helped negotiate and launch an Emmy-nominated Television Show on the CW Network.
- Coordinated all legal aspects of a charity’s national expansion.
- Obtained injunction against former employees who misappropriated client’s Confidential Customer List
- Achieved several favorable legal rulings for a large municipality clearing the way for construction of a nine-figure major public works project
- Defeated injunction motion filed against clients in litigation involving the breakup of multiple medical businesses
- Obtained a $1,550,000 Judgment (reported as one of the largest that year) against corporate client’s former employee for fraud and embezzlement
- Prevailed in oral arguments before the seven federal judges comprising the United States Panel on Multidistrict Litigation
- TechTown Detroit, Legal Expert
- Jewish Bar Association of Michigan, Co-Founder, President
- NEXTGen Detroit, Vice-President
- Humble Design, Chair of Detroit Board and National Board Member
- Patriot Week Foundation, Member of the Executive Board
- Arts, Communications, Entertainment and Sports Section of the State Bar of Michigan, Chair Emeritus
- American Inn of Court, Oakland County Chapter, Barrister Emeritus
- Deputy Campaign Manager for several successful judicial campaigns
August 25, 2021
- “Holocaust Victims and Heirs Seek Justice From Defiant Global Insurance Companies,” The Detroit Jewish News (2021)