November 14, 2019
Jeremy Bisdorf leads our Intellectual Property & Information Technology practice group, also working with our Emerging & Growth Business and Franchising practice groups. Jeremy serves as general counsel and a trusted advisor to a variety of privately-held businesses in different industry segments where technology and know-how are key business assets. He specializes in providing strategic legal and business advice to clients to maximize the value of their patents, trademarks, copyrights, and other proprietary information.
He counsels clients on contracts, national and international intellectual property protection, business negotiations, licensing matters, business formation issues, corporate governance, ownership transfers, and tax planning strategies. Jeremy has assisted clients in establishing sound web-based business practices and has represented both licensors and licensees in the negotiation of technology-based joint ventures, outsourcing relationships, SaaS (Software as a Service), and procurement and sales agreements serving clients in the software, e-commerce, health care, and franchising industries.
- Provides reliable, prompt, and pragmatic advice on business, software, technology, and intellectual property matters to owners and technology and marketing managers on a daily basis.
- Attorney of record on over 900 United States Trademark Applications.
- Manages the international trademark and copyright portfolios of several large businesses.
Education & Admissions
Education & Admissions
- Wayne State University
B.S. in Business Administration – Finance and Business Economics
summa cum laude
Recipient of the Howard A. Donnelly Award
- University of Michigan Law School
Associate Editor – University of Michigan Telecommunications and Technology Law Review
- Wayne State University Law School
Master of Laws – Taxation
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Tax Court
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Law Advisory Board Member
- American Bar Association Business Law and Intellectual Property Sections
- State Bar of Michigan, Business Law Section
- State Bar of Michigan Information Technology Law Section, Member, Ex-Officio Board Member and Past Chair
- Detroit Catholic Central High School Dads’ Club, President
November 5, 2018
- “Navigating Non-Compete and Trade Secrets,” Moderator, Institute of Continuing Legal Education (2018)
- “Representing the Next YouTube Star,” Panelist, Institute of Continuing Legal Education (2016)
- “Trademark Considerations Are the First Step in Franchising Any Business,” Attorney at Law Magazine, Vol 2 No. 4 (2013)
- “When Purchasing Electronic Health Records: Buyer Beware”, The Michigan Medical Law Report, Fall 2010. Amy K. Fehn, Esq. of Wachler & Associates and Jeremy D. Bisdorf
- Update on Information Technology Law, State Bar of Michigan Information Technology Section (2008)
- “The Critical Role of Intellectual Property in an Entrepreneurial Economy,” X-OLOGY Magazine (2007)
- Legal Issues in Online Advertising (The Law of Doing Business Online), Institute of Continuing Legal Education (2007)
- Business Transactions and Management of Intellectual Property, D. Augustus Straker Bar Association, State Bar of Michigan Business Law Section, the SBM Young Lawyers Section and the Hispanic Bar Association (2007)
- Finance and Legal 201 Topics, Automation Alley Fast Track to Success (2006)
- “Advertising Law,” Panelist, Institute of Continuing Legal Education (2014)
- “Business Law & Order – Contracts 101,” Speaker, Ann Arbor SPARK (2014)
- “Business Law & Order – Financing a Startup,” Speaker, Ann Arbor SPARK (2014)
- “Business Law & Order – Basics of Formation,” Speaker, Ann Arbor SPARK (2014)
- “Business Law & Order – Business and Legal Issues in E-Commerce,” Speaker, Ann Arbor SPARK (2013)