March 31, 2020
Ira Jaffe, our founder, represents clients in estate and generational planning, serving as trustee/executor for many clients. He has represented clients in general corporate, partnership, limited liability, and related matters including financings, restructurings, securities, and other commercial transactions. He has provided merger and acquisition counsel for start-up ventures, privately-held companies, and publicly-traded organizations.
Ira is a recognized leader in creative business and estate planning. He is frequently retained to draw from both his legal and management experience to resolve complex family partnership disputes, distressed financial situations, and entity expansion and sale transactions. He also handles special projects with unique circumstances, providing counsel based on his extensive experience and expertise.
Ira is a respected mentor to Jaffe attorneys, regardless of position, and believes in a multi-disciplinary approach to serving clients. Outside of the office, he has served as the Trustee, Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer of many client-related entities. He currently serves as Chairman of Real Estate Development & Investment Co., Inc.
Since 1968, Ira has made his clients his top priority, providing service and legal advice while simultaneously laying the foundation for the Firm’s success. His dedication to finding – and retaining – bright, client-centric talent paved the way for a natural, seamless transition of clientele as the Firm grew over the years. A shared vision with careful, strategic planning and demonstrated care for individuals throughout every fiber of the organization has contributed to the Firm’s strength. His commitment to building a culture of respect, inclusivity, and appreciation has been a cornerstone within the Firm, as has his commitment to serving the community.
Education & Admissions
Education & Admissions
- University of Michigan Law School
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- U.S. Federal Courts
- American Bar Association, Taxation sections
- Beyond Basics, Advisory Committee*
- Cranbrook Educational Community, Senior Trustee
- Detroit Bar Association
- Detroit Zoological Society, Development Committee
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Corporate Development Committee*
- Michigan Capital Advisors, Senior Advisor*
- The Norman and Esther Allan Foundation, President*
- Project Healthy Community, Advisory Board*
- State Bar of Florida
- State Bar of Michigan
- Cranbrook Educational Community, Board of Trustees, Vice-Chairman
- Cranbrook Institute of Science, Board of Governors, Chairman
- Detroit Area Pre-College Engineering Program, Steering Committee
- Detroit Zoological Society, Board of Directors
- The Fred A. & Barbara M. Erb Family Foundation, Chairman, Trustee Emeritus
- McGregor Fund, Trustee Emeritus
- Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts, Board of Trustees
- The Parade Foundation, Board of Trustees
- United Way, Board of Directors
- Wayne State University Math Corps, Advisory Committee
August 15, 2019
November 5, 2018