November 19, 2020
Eli Maroko leads our Immigration practice group. A highly-respected leader in U.S. immigration matters, Eli has more than 30 years of experience and offers the highest level of immigration and mobility expertise. Employers turn to Eli for all of their immigration needs, both for the U.S. and outbound internationally. He is primarily engaged in investment-based and employment-based business immigration matters.
Eli has a unique ability to comprehensively identify and respond to his clients’ needs in diverse industries, from engineering, manufacturing, and finance to symphony orchestras and athletics. He has represented companies and their foreign nationals from across the globe and develops intricate strategies and immigration plans that he communicates in easily understandable language.
Eli relies on his wealth of experience to identify the best immigration options available and for bringing creative solutions to the table when none are apparent. His strong background and understanding of business and financial matters stems from a solid foundation and practical legal experience in the areas of business formation, contractual agreements, finance and accounting, and other related fields. Eli is a frequent author and speaker as well as a member of several industry and bar associations, both in Michigan and nationally.
Education & Admissions
Education & Admissions
- Wayne State University Law School
- University of Michigan
B.S. with Distinction
- U.S. Federal Courts
- H-1B professionals (specialty occupations), delivering a consistently high rate of approvals with a similarly-consistent low rate of RFE’s (Requests for Evidence)
- Blanket-L pre-approval for well-established qualifying companies; also individual L blanket transfers among multinational corporate entities
- E-2 Treaty-based investor and trade visas
- EB-5 investor green cards
- O-1 extraordinary ability visas, successfully having represented engineers, scientists, athletes (varying from Olympic ice skaters, professional soccer players, ballroom dancers, and coaches in all fields)
- Expertise with government compliance matters such as I-9 issues and Homeland Security audits.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Michigan Chapter, Chairman (2009—11)
- AILA Co-Chair of US Customs and Border Protection Committee (Michigan) (2015—2018)
- AILA National Finance Committee, Member (2010—11, 2014—2017)
- AILA U.S. Labor Department Liaison Committee, Former Member
- AILA Michigan Chapter, Vice-Chair (2008—2009)
- AILA Michigan Chapter Media Committee, Chairman (2004—2006)
- State Bar of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association Immigration and International Law Committee, Chairman (1985—1989, 1993—1994)
- American Cancer Society, Southfield, Michigan, Vice-President (1988—1990)
October 19, 2020
October 17, 2020
- “Franchise Lawyer” publication of the American Bar Association, article on EB-5 investment as Source of funding.
- AILA National Conference, speaker on Family-Based immigration (2012)(Nashville)
- AILA National Conference (2011), “U.S. Admission of Business Travelers.” (2011)(San Diego)
- Nonimmigrant Visas, AILA National Conference (2008)(Vancouver)
- Immigration Fundamentals, AILA Conference (2007)
- ABC Television’s “Spotlight on the News” (Debate H-1b Issues)
- Co-chair of AILA Michigan-Ohio Fall Conference (2014)