November 19, 2020
Chris Andreoff is an attorney in our White Collar Criminal Defense, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Appellate and Date Privacy & Cybersecurity practice groups He specializes in civil and criminal litigation, administrative law, and appellate practice in both state and federal courts.
Prior to joining Jaffe, Chris worked for the U.S. Department of Justice as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Michigan from 1973 to 1980. While in that position, he was promoted to Chief of the Controlled Substances Unit and Assistant Chief of the Criminal Division.
From 1980 to 1984, Chris was appointed Deputy Chief and Acting Chief of the Detroit Strike Force by the U.S. Justice Department, prosecuting organized crime and labor racketeering cases throughout Michigan. During his 12 years with the U.S. Department of Justice, Chris tried more than 100 federal trials involving white-collar crime and other criminal violations.
Chris later moved to private practice in 1985 at a Detroit-area law firm where he was selected as the head of the litigation department. He later joined Jaffe in 1994, and built a practice around his extensive experience, professional integrity, and compassion for individuals. While in private practice, he has participated in more than 50 high profile civil and criminal trials in federal and state courts, both in Michigan and in other states.
Education & Admissions
Education & Admissions
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, J.D.
Moot Court Award
- Attended Washington University in St. Louis Law School
- Wayne State University, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Lecturer/Instructor, Civil and Criminal Trial Practice Seminars, Federal Bar Association, Detroit Chapter
- Lecturer/Instructor, United State Attorney General’s Advocacy Institute (1984)
- State Bar of Michigan, Criminal Law Section
- Federal Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Detroit Chapter – Sustaining Member
- Federal Bar Association, Detroit Chapter, Past Director (1989—1991)
- Federal Bar Association Criminal Law Section, Detroit Chapter, Past Chairman (1990—1991)
August 24, 2020
November 14, 2019
- “A Primer on Federal Criminal Procedure,” Michigan Bar Journal (1993)
- “Primer on Federal Criminal Procedure,” LACHES, a publication of the Oakland County Bar (1987)