Jaffe's Mortgage Banking Practice Group is a multi-disciplinary group of attorneys dedicated to providing a full range of legal services to clients engaged in the mortgage banking business. We provide a comprehensive offering of transactional, regulatory compliance, enforcement and litigation services to our mortgage banking clients. Our clients include mortgage bankers, mortgage brokers, financial institutions, insurance companies, document preparation companies, title companies, appraisers, real estate brokers and other participants in the mortgage banking industry across the country.
From paperless mortgage origination to significantly increased oversight and regulation, the mortgage banking industry faces legal challenges that impact both liability and the scope of available opportunities. The professional reputation and experience of the attorneys within Jaffe's Mortgage Banking Practice Group, combined with the legal resources available throughout the Firm, offer unprecedented counsel and guidance in this dynamic and ever-evolving industry.
- Transactions involving the purchase and sale of mortgage loans and servicing rights
- Negotiation of wholesale and correspondent transactions and agreements
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Mortgage securitization and reconstitution transactions
- Regulatory compliance, including fair lending compliance
- Licensing, qualification and other regulatory approvals in all 50 states with federal and state governmental bodies
- Insurance activities and issues affecting industry participants
- Appearances before state and federal regulatory bodies, including enforcement actions
- Complex litigation, including class action defense
- Internal compliance procedures
- Mortgage warehousing and other financing methods, as counsel to borrowers and lenders
- Tax issues affecting the mortgage banking industry
- Employee/employer issues affecting mortgage industry participants
- Affiliated business arrangements and other joint ventures