Intellectual Property & Information Technology
Jaffe's Intellectual Property and Information Technology Practice Group counsels a distinctive group of clients on a broad range of issues. Our clients include creative businesses, individuals, entrepreneurs, investors and other entities engaged in e-commerce, biotech, manufacturing and distribution, software publishing, literary publishing, Web-based businesses, and music and entertainment as well as clients that are acquiring, licensing and using these products and services. Jaffe also maintains an active intellectual property practice representing core industries like automotive, health care and banking related to trademarks, service marks and domain names.
In addition to transactions and intellectual property protection, companies and individuals are facing many new challenges. Many of the ongoing issues being faced include privacy, data security and data breach, healthcare information technology, software licensing compliance and the impact of international developments. We look forward to helping you navigate these areas, and to assist in solving problems that arise.
- Protect and develop intellectual property rights
- Trademark and copyright registration
- Intellectual property licensing
- Transactions involving technology and e-commerce, including sourcing
- Nationwide intellectual property litigation, arbitration and appeals
- Serve as arbitrators and mediators of intellectual property disputes
- Coordinate international protection of intellectual property
- Negotiate employment and executive contracts for companies where intellectual property is present
- Negotiate technology transfers from universities to the private sector