Insolvency & Reorganization
Jaffe's Insolvency and Reorganization Practice Group is among the largest and most respected in Michigan and is led by nationally recognized experts in insolvency, creditors' rights and complex loan, lease and secured transactions issues. We represent all parties in commercial and real estate loan workouts, bankruptcy and other reorganization proceedings. We have been involved in virtually every major bankruptcy case in Michigan over the past 30 years. These included companies in the health care, printing, steel, automotive, manufacturing, retail, real estate, computer, service, trucking, communication, oil and gas, and aviation industries.
Our size and depth of experience enables us to handle even the largest and most complex loan, lease and bankruptcy matters. And, because of the Firm's broad-based expertise, we are equipped to handle all aspects of loan, lease origination and insolvency matters without the need for "special counsel" arrangements.
- Asset recoveries
- Assignments for the benefit of creditors
- Bankruptcies: chapters 7, 9, 11, 12 and 13
- Complex secured transactions
- Creditors' committees
- Creditors' rights
- Debtor in possession and exit financing
- Equity security holders' committees
- Forbearance arrangements
- Foreclosures (real and personal property)
- Secured creditors
- Third-Party plan proponents
- Trust mortgages
- Unsecured creditors
- Voluntary surrenders
- Prejudgment demand
- Collection litigation (including breach of contract and account stated)
- Ancillary litigation (matters such as fraud and conversion)
- Claim and delivery (replevin) of collateral and owned equipment
- Judgment enforcement and renewal
- Judgment lien attachment
- Garnishment and execution
- Claim preservation (in bankruptcy)
- Involuntary bankruptcy proceedings
- Non-dischargeability proceeding (in bankruptcy)
Commercial Debt Collection Services
Business owners have enough on their plate, managing operations and growing their businesses. Chasing unpaid receivables takes time and a concerted consistent approach. The longer a debt remains outstanding, the more likely the debt will become uncollectible.
At Jaffe, our specialized team provides professional assistance and management through each step of the recovery process, as we work towards a successful outcome. We develop a customized approach to specifically meet the needs of each client, our aim is to help turn aging accounts receivable into increased cash flow.
Jaffe delivers our commercial debt collection services in a compliant and cost effective manner. We offer flexible pricing strategies to best suit any budget.