Jaffe's Environmental Law Practice Group helps clients comply with numerous complex environmental laws and regulations. We work with developers, manufacturers, lenders, buyers, sellers, borrowers, entrepreneurs and municipalities to ensure cost-effective compliance and maximum liability protection. We obtain funding for, and permitting of, green energy projects and development.
We deal with state and federal superfund liability issues, negotiate with state and federal agencies and litigate complex questions involving liability for cleanup expenses.
State and federal environmental regulations are often a complex minefield. Regulations and enforcement priorities change regularly and require expertise to avoid and solve problems and take maximum advantage of opportunities. Our Environmental and Energy Practice Group possesses that expertise and experience.
We now have an Environmental/Green blog at: www.michigangreenlaw.com
- Green energy
- Oil and gas issues
- Green construction and resource usage minimization
- State and federal superfund defense and cost recovery
- Brownfield redevelopment and funding
- Solid and hazardous waste management issues
- Wetland permitting/disputes
- Underground storage tank closure
- Clean Air Act permitting and defense
- Asbestos, lead paint and mold issues
- Negotiating settlements and orders with environmental agencies
- Structuring purchases, financings and sales of property with environmental challenges
- Environmental issues relating to insolvent and troubled enterprises
- Overseeing environmental site and compliance assessments
- Insurance recovery for contaminated sites
- Wastewater treatment