Electronic Payments & Card Processing
Jaffe's Electronic Payments/Card Processing Practice Group is highly specialized. The electronic payments business is complex and changes rapidly. New delivery systems, technology and evolving regulation place a premium on access to the expertise needed to avoid and solve problems and take maximum advantage of opportunities.
Jaffe's Electronic Payments Practice Group has decades of experience with the legal issues surrounding credit and debit card processing, as well as ACH and stored-value systems, both domestically and internationally. We keep abreast of statutory, regulatory and card association developments. Our lawyers are steeped in the business, frequently writing for industry publications, serving on national panels and providing leadership roles as committee members and officers of trade associations. We counsel both large and small clients on legal issues, as well as strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions and corporate direction.
- Mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence of industry portfolios and companies
- State and federal regulatory compliance
- Card brand compliance
- Merchant acquirer, ISO, processor and sales agent contracts
- ACH processing
- Mobile Payments
- Loyalty, gift and pre-paid cards
- Tax issues affecting the electronic banking industry
- Bankruptcy issues
- Copyrights, trademarks and licenses
- Entity formation
- Cutting edge technology compliance issues