Susan S. Lichterman
Susan S. Lichterman is a partner in the Southfield office of Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss. She is the Chairperson and Practice Group Coordinator of the Firm's Family Law Group and a member of the Litigation Practice Group, specializing in all aspects of family law. She also handles probate litigation and general commercial litigation matters.
She has extensive experience in all aspects of domestic relations law, including divorce, custody, parenting time, child support, spousal support, paternity, post-nuptial and prenuptial agreements, correction of birth certificates and other such matters. While Susan is able to settle most cases through negotiation or mediation, she has extensive trial experience. She practices primarily in state court.
Susan earned her Bachelor's degree with high honors and distinction from the University of Michigan and is a cum laude graduate of the University of Michigan Law School. She also earned her Master's degree from the University of Michigan.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- Crain's Detroit Business "40 Under 40" Award, 2001
- dbusiness Top Lawyer 2012
- State of Michigan Attorney Discipline Board—Hearing Panelist
- State Bar of Michigan Family Law and Litigation Sections—Member
- Oakland County Bar Foundation—Fellow
- Oakland County Bar Association—Member
- Michigan Inter-Professional Association on Marriage, Divorce and the Family, Inc.—Member
- Children's Center of Wayne County—Board of Directors
- Congregation of Beth Shalom—Former Member of the Board of Trustees
- Fresh Air Society—Former Board Member