Sara A. Schimke
Sara A. Schimke is an Associate in the Southfield office of Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss. She is a member of the Firm's Estate Planning and Probate Practice Group where she focuses on Elder Law, including long term care planning, Medicaid planning, and Veteran's benefits. Sara also counsels and represents clients with special needs planning, blended families, tax planning and real estate succession planning.
Sara is a frequent speaker for Bar associations, the Courts, Legal Education Groups and community interest groups on topics such as Elder Law, Medicaid Planning, Special Needs Trust, Veterans Benefits Estate Planning and Probate. In addition to practicing law, Sara is an adjunct professor and Western Michigan Thomas M. Cooley Law School.
Sara graduated from Northern Michigan University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and received her Juris Doctorate from Thomas M. Cooley Law School.
- United States District Court - Eastern District of Michigan
- Michigan Parkinson Foundation - Member, Board of Directors
- State Bar of Michigan— Member
- State Bar of Michigan Elder Law & Disability Rights Section - Officer
- Department of Veteran's Affairs - Accredited Attorney
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys - Member
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School - Adjunct Professor
- ICLE Elder Law Institute Planning Committee - Member and Speaker
- Oakland County Bar Association - Member
- Wayne County Bar Association - Member
- Michigan Parkinson Foundation - Legal Committee and Speaker
- Financial & Estate Planning Council of Metro Detroit - Member