Robert J. Gordon
Robert J. Gordon is a partner in the Southfield office of Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss. He is a member of the Firm's Corporate and Privacy and Datasecurity Practice Groups and specializes in business law and transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, formation, governance and operations, general contract, securities filings and succession planning.
He is active in the metro Detroit community, having served in a leadership position of numerous organizations, including the Michigan Advisory Committee to the U.S. Civil Rights Commission, the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit, President of the Anti-Defamation League and President of Temple Israel. In addition, Rob serves as a neutral of the American Arbitration Association.
Rob earned his Bachelor's degree with honors from the University of Michigan and is a cum laude graduate of Boston University School of Law, where he served as a Projects Editor for the Boston University Law Review.
- U.S. Federal Courts
- Michigan Super Lawyer, 2006-2007
- Dbusiness magazine Top Lawyer, 2009, 2015, 2016
- American Bar Association Business Law and Real Property, Probate and Trust Sections—Member
- Co-Chair, Jewish Education and Identity Division ("Jedl"), Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit
- Steering Committee, Jewish Education and Engagement Committee, Jewish Federations of North America ("JFNA")
- North American Board of Trustees of the Union of Reform Judaism
- Temple Israel—President 2006-2008
- United States Civil Rights Commission—Michigan Advisory Committee
- Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit - Co-Associate Chair, Education Division 2009-present, Trustee, 1996-2004, 2012-present
- Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith - President , Michigan Regional Advisory Board, 1987-1989