Richard E. Kruger
Richard E. Kruger is a partner in the Southfield office of Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss. He is a turnaround specialist with a focus on finance and restructuring.
Rick has a national practice focusing on both transactional and litigation aspects of bankruptcy law, debtor and creditor rights, workouts and financing transactions. Clients representations include original equipment manufacturers, borrowers, debtors, secured parties, landlords, purchasers, receivers, avoidance defendants and unsecured creditors committees.
Rick earned his Bachelor's degree from Michigan State University and obtained his law degree with honors from the Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law. He is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, American Bankruptcy Institute and Federal Bar Association.
Rick has had numerous career accomplishments including: in 2011 and 2012 he was honored as one of Michigan's Rising Stars, and was named a dbusiness 2012 Top Lawyers.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- "In re TOUSA: When Can Indirect Benefits Constitute Reasonably Equivalent Value in Fraudulent Transfer Actions, Michigan Business Law Journal (2013)
- Case Analysis: Seventh Circuit Holds Kmart Critical Vendor Order Inappropriate, Commercial Law League of America, Bankruptcy Section Newsletter (2004)
- Michigan's Judgment Lien Statute: A New Collection Tool for Creditors, Michigan Business Bar Journal (2004)
- My First Preference Defense-Some Practical Pointers For Attorneys And Accountants, American Bankruptcy Institute Young and New member committee newsletter, Vol 1, No. 3 (2003)
- Case Analysis: Third Circuit Holds That Creditors' Committee Does Not Have the Ability to Bring a Pre-Plan Confirmation Fraudulent Transfer Action, Commercial Law League of America, Bankruptcy Section Newsletter (2002)
- Super Lawyers magazine Michigan Rising Star 2011, 2012
- dbusiness Top Lawyers 2012
- ABI Central States - Advisory Board
- State Bar of Michigan—Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute—Member
- Federal Bar Association—Member