Peter M. Falkenstein
Peter M. Falkenstein is a partner in the Ann Arbor office of Southfield-based Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss. He is a member of the Firm's Intellectual Property, Litigation and Privacy and Datasecurity Practice Groups, concentrating in trademark and copyright litigation, licensing, and registration, as well as e-commerce, cyberlaw, antitrust and general commercial litigation. Peter's practice also includes representation of performing artists, authors and publishers.
Peter began his career as a litigator with the New York City law firm of Proskauer Rose, LLP, concentrating on matters related to the representation of major professional sports leagues. Subsequently, he was a full-time member of the faculty of the Hofstra University School of Law for eight years, focusing on the areas of sports law and pre-trial litigation techniques. He returned to Ann Arbor in 2000 to engage in private practice.
Peter earned his Bachelor's degree with distinction from the University of Michigan and is a magna cum laude graduate of the University of Michigan Law School.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- dBusiness Top Lawyers, 2013
- Michigan Super Lawyer, 2006-2016
- Former, President of the Washtenaw County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan—Member
- American Bar Association—Member
- New York State Bar—Member
- Washtenaw County Bar Association—Past President and Former Member of Board of Directors
- State Bar of Michigan Character and Fitness Committee, District G Panel - Former Member
- State Bar of Michigan's Representative Assembly, representing the 22nd Judicial Circuit for Washtenaw County - Member
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School Professionalism Advisory Committee, Member
- Ann Arbor Zoning Board of Appeals, Former Member
- Legal Resource Center of Washtenaw County/Eastern Michigan University—Former Member, Board of Directors