Michael M. Skoczylas
Michael M. Skoczylas is an Associate in the Southfield office of Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss. He is a member of the Firm's Tax Practice Group, specializing in the areas of taxation, business & corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, tax controversies, and estate planning. He is a Certified Public Accountant as well as an attorney.
Michael has assisted in matters related to tax planning for corporate entities and individuals, as well as estate planning. He has assisted in corporate formations both domestically and internationally, including choice of entity decision from a corporate and tax perspective. He has assisted in drafting buy-sell agreements for closely held companies and assisted in both buying and selling medical practices. Additionally, Michael has worked on corporate mergers and acquisitions dealing with both public companies and family owned businesses. He also assists with tax controversy cases with the IRS and the State of Michigan. Michael is also fluent in Hebrew.
Michael earned his Bachelor's degree from Yeshiva University, cum laude, Isaac Breuer College, A.A. and his J.D. from Wayne State University Law School.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Tax Court
- State Bar of Michigan— Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Federal Bar Association - Member
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants, Financial Literacy Task Force
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Akiva Hebrew Day School - Board Member