Marko J. Belej
Marko J. Belej is a partner in the Southfield office of Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss and the Practice Group Coordinator of the Tax Practice Group. He advises clients on individual, partnership, corporation and international tax issues, helping them structure and implement transactions in a manner that minimizes the incurrence of taxes. Such transactions include domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations, debt and equity offerings, and business entity formations.
Marko is a summa cum laude graduate of The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and is a cum laude graduate of the University of Michigan Law School, where he won the Richard Katcher Senior Tax Prize.
- New York
- "OID and COD: TLAs for the Lending Partner," Michigan Tax Lawyer, Vol. XXXV, Issue 1 (2009)
- dBusiness Top Lawyers, 2014
- Super Lawyers magazine, Michigan Rising Star, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- State Bar of Michigan—Member
- State Bar of Michigan Business Entities Committee of the Tax Section—Chairman (2007-2009)