Louis P. Rochkind
Louis P. Rochkind was a partner at Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss for over forty years and is now Of Counsel. He is a member of the Firm's Insolvency & Reorganization Practice Group, specializing in business and commercial workouts, reorganizations and bankruptcy.
A former member of Jaffe's Executive Committee, Larry currently focuses his practice in the representation of debtors, creditors' committees, trustees, and others in both the bankruptcy court and in out-of-court workouts. His practice has involved representations in residential and commercial real estate, automotive suppliers, manufacturing, food, retail, health care and steel, as well as other industries.
Larry is a cum laude graduate of the University of Michigan and a cum laude graduate of the University of Michigan Law School, where he served as associate editor of the Michigan Law Review.
- U.S. Federal Courts
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2008-2016
- Best Lawyers in America, 1984-2016
- dbusiness Top Lawyers, 2011-2014
- American College of Bankruptcy Lawyers—Fellow
- Thomas M. Cooley School of Law—Adjunct Professor
- Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan Mediation Panel—Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute—Member
- Federal Bar Association—Member
- American Bar Association—Member