Kim M. Casteel
Kim M. Casteel is a paralegal in the Southfield office of Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss. She has been with the Firm's Estate Planning / Probate Practice Group for 13 years, where she assists attorneys with trust funding, research asset and debt information, the drafting of probate and estate planning pleadings, docket and follow-up on court dates and filing documents with probate courts.
She has 19 years of experience, nine of which were dedicated to family law and general practice. Kim maintains a residential builder's license and is a notary public.
Kim earned her Bachelor's degree summa cum laude from Northwood University and received her paralegal certificate from the Academy of Court Reporting.
- Oakland County Bar Association - Vice Chair of the Paralegal Committee
- State Bar of Michigan—Affiliate Member
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association Legal Assistant Section—Member
- Oakland County Bar Association Legal Assistant Section—Member
- Wayne County Probate Bar Association
- Presenter at various ICLE Seminars
- Presenter on probate/trust administration for Detroit Metropolitan Bar Legal Assistant Section
- Presenter on probate/trust administration for Oakland County Bar Association, Legal Assistant Section
- Presenter for National Business Institute for Probate, Start to Finish
- Orthotic and Prosthetic Activities Foundation, Inc. (OPAF), Board Member
- 1300 Lafayette E. Cooperative, Member, various committees
- Gibraltar Area Community Foundation—Former Secretary
- Gibraltar Recreation Commission—Former Member
- Former, Residential Builder's License holder
- Former Big Sister