Julianne Cassin Sharp
Julianne Cassin Sharp is a partner in the Southfield office of Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss. Bilingual in English and Spanish, she is a member of the Firm's Immigration and Litigation Practice Groups, specializing in both employment-based Immigration and Nationality Law.
As an immigration attorney, Julianne specializes in a number of related areas including both family-based and business-based petitions and visas, counseling companies on worksite enforcement and corporate compliance (I-9 Audits, including issues of employment eligibility, use of E-verify, and determining risk of government sanctions and penalties), PERM Labor Certification applications, Adjustment of Status applications, Waivers, Consular Processing, Naturalization, and representing clients before the U.S. Immigration Court, as well as before the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, which includes U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
Prior to joining Jaffe, Julianne served as an Immigration Attorney with Maroko & Landau, P.C. for eight years. While in law school, she served as a Law Clerk with McKeen & Associates, P.C. in Detroit and, most notably, as a Summer Associate with the law firm of O'Connor Berman Dotts & Banes in Saipan, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
Julianne is a magna cum laude graduate of the Carl and Winifred Lee Honors College of Western Michigan University, where she was inducted as a member of the Phi Beta Kappa and Golden Key National Honor Societies. During this time, Julianne also studied abroad at La Universidad Autónoma de Querétaro in Quéretaro, México. Julianne earned her Juris Doctorate from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, where she was recognized as Law Student Intern of the Year in Immigration Law awarded by the Strategic Partnership of Michigan.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Best Lawyers in America, 2014-2017
- dBusiness Top Lawyer, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Western Michigan University Alumni Achievement Award—Department of Spanish, 2007
- State Bar of Michigan—Member
- American Bar Association—Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association—Member
- Hispanic Bar Association of Michigan—Member
- Hispanic National Bar Association—Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Michigan Chapter New Members Division—Chair
- Pro Bono Attorney for the Most Holy Trinity Legal Aid Clinic
- Pro Bono Attorney for Latin Americans for Social & Economic Development, Inc. (LA SED)