Judith Greenstone Miller
Judith Greenstone Miller is a partner in the Southfield office of Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss. She is a member of the Firm's Bankruptcy and Insolvency and Privacy and Datasecurity Practice Groups, specializing in creditors' rights and commercial litigation. Her practice involves representing debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, creditors' committees and trustees in bankruptcy proceedings, primarily involving Chapter 11 reorganizations.
Judy also represents parties in litigation in complex commercial disputes. She has testified numerous times on pending bankruptcy legislation before the National Bankruptcy Review Commission and the Judiciary Committees of the United States House of Representatives and the United States Senate. She also lectures nationally on bankruptcy, ethics and creditors' rights issues.
Judy is a cum laude graduate of the University of Michigan and a cum laude graduate of Wayne State University Law School.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- New Ruling by U. S. Supreme Court on Standing to Pursue Litigation - Alleging a "Mere Statutory Violation" Is Not Sufficient to Confer Article III Standing for a Federal Cause of Action. The Michigan Business Law Journal, Vol. 36, Issue 2 (2016)
- "Of Claims, Planes and Automobiles — Recent Developments on 503(b)(9) and Reclamation Claims," American Bar Association Newsletter (2009)
- "503(b)(9) Claimants-The New Constituent, A.K.A 'The 500 Pound Gorilla' at the Table," DePaul Business & Commercial Law Journal, Vol. 5, No. 3 (2007)
- "Waivers of Automatic Stay: Are They Enforceable," Real Property, Probate and Trust Journal, Vol. 41, Number 2 (2006)
- "Protecting Professional Fees From Disgorgement: Obtain Carve-Outs From Secured Creditors to Safeguard Against Uncertainties," American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, Vol. XXV, No. 5 and No. 6 (2006)
- "Electronic Discovery (ESI) Issues For Business Lawyers," ABA Business Law Section, Spring Meeting.
- Moderator, "The New Playing Field for State Court Receivership: The View from the Bench". State Bar of Michigan Business Law Section, Spring 2015.
- "Electronic Discovery (ESI) Issues in Bankruptcy Cases (When Electronic Discovery and Bankruptcy Collide)" The Bankruptcy & Insolvency Litigation Committee, the Business Bankruptcy Committee, and the Bankruptcy Court Structure and Insolvency Process Committee Roundtable, March 6, 2014
- American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell Top Rated Lawyer in Commercial Litigation 2013
- Michigan Super Lawyer, 2006-2016
- HOUR Detroit magazine: Top Women Attorneys in Michigan, 2015
- State Bar of Michigan — Member
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Business Bankruptcy Committee — Member and Legislation Sub-Committee Chair
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Ad Hoc Committee on Bankruptcy Court Structure and the Insolvency Process — Member and Chair of the Attorney Discipline Task Force
- Federal Bar Association — Member
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association — Member
- Bankruptcy Court Advisory Committee for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, E.D. Mich. — Member
- Mediation Panel for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, E.D. Mich. — Member
- Chapter 11 Rules Committee for U.S. Bankruptcy Court, E.D. Mich. — Member
- Bankruptcy Judges Tribute Dinner Committee for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, E.D. Mich. — Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute — Member and Co-Chair of Ethics Committee
- State Bar of Michigan Business Law Section and Business Council — Member and Debtor / Creditors' Rights Committee Co-Chair
- Commercial Law League of America, Bankruptcy and NCBJ Committee Sections — Member
- Detroit Chapter of the American Jewish Committee — Member
- The Heidelberg Project — Board of Directors, Executive Committee