Joshua M. Borson
Joshua M. Borson is an Associate in the Firm's Corporate Practice Group. Josh dedicates his practice to empowering companies to grow through effective business planning and solving everyday legal issues. His guiding principal is to provide a proactive, results-focused approach in order to achieve his client's short-term and long-term goals in a cost-effective and meaningful manner. Josh is skilled in all areas of corporate law, including entity formation, contract review and negotiation, financing, mergers and acquisitions, securities compliance and general corporate matters.
Josh earned his Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Academic Minor in Economics from the University of Michigan. He is a cum laude and order of the coif graduate of Wayne State University Law School, where he served as a Senior Articles Editor for the Wayne Law Review and was recognized as a Dean's Scholar for high academic achievement in 2010, 2011 and 2012. Before joining Jaffe, he served as a Judicial Intern for then-Chief Judge Gerald E. Rosen of the U. S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Up & Coming Lawyer, Class of 2016, Michigan Lawyer's Weekly
- Best Editor Award, The Wayne Law Review, 2012
- 2008 Hatch-Falk Scholarship for outstanding service to the University of Michigan Football Team
- "Four Steps to Mile Act Crowdfunding", Michipreneur, April 20, 2015
- "Cybersecurity: We Are From the Government - We Want to Help", State Bar of Michigan, The Michigan Business Law Journal, Volume 34, Issue 1, Spring 2014
- "A World of Infinite Domain Names: Why ICANN's New gTLD Policy Inadequately Addresses Consumer Protection and Legitimate Trademark Concerns," 58 Wayne L. Rev. 481 (2013)
- State Bar of Michigan— Member
- Temple Israel Social Action Committee - Board Member
- University of Michigan Football Alumni Network - Mentor