John P. Decker
John P. Decker is a partner in the Southfield office of Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss. He is a member of the Firm's Corporate and Emerging and Growth Business Practice Groups, specializing in all aspects of formation, governance and operation, including financing, general contracts, mergers and acquisitions, and securities.
John represents a diverse client base ranging from entrepreneurs to publicly traded entities. He also counsels several private equity and hedge fund clients in both fund formation and acquisitions.
He earned his Bachelor's degree with high distinction from the University of Michigan Business School and received his Master's degree from London Business School. John is a graduate of Harvard Law School.
- Super Lawyers magazine Michigan Rising Star, 2008 - present
- Crain's Detroit Business "40 Under 40"
- State Bar of Michigan Business Law Section—Member
- American Bar Association Business Law Section—Member
- Oakland County Bar Association—Member
- Detroit Historical Society—Trustee
- Michigan Political Leadership Program—Former Fellow
- Birmingham Area Cable Board—Former Vice Chairman of the Board