Ira J. Jaffe
Mr. Jaffe represents clients in general corporate, partnership, limited liability and related matters such as financings, restructurings, securities and other commercial transactions. He provides mergers and acquisitions counsel for large publicly and privately held corporations as well as start-up ventures.
Mr. Jaffe is recognized as one of the leading creative business and real estate planners, being retained frequently to solve complex family/partnership disputes, distressed financial situations and entity expansion and sale transactions, providing a combination of legal and management skills to assist estates and roll up acquisition companies. He also serves or has served as the Trustee, Chairman, President and CEO of client related entities, including President and presently Chairman of Real Estate Development & Investment Co., Inc. and President and Chief Executive Officer of The Fisher Group.
- Michigan, 1964
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1964
- Florida, 2009
- Detroit, Florida, Michigan and American Bar Associations Member
- Detroit Zoological Society Former Board Member, Executive Committee
- McGregor Fund Former Trustee
- The Fred A. & Barbara M. Erb Family Foundation Chairman of the Board and Trustee
- Beyond Basics, Board member, former Chairman
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1986 - Present Member, Corporate Development Committee
- Cranbrook Educational Community Former Vice Chairman, Trustee and current Sr. Trustee
- Cranbrook Institute of Science Former Board of Governors, Former Chairman of the Board
- The Parade Foundation Former Trustee
- United Way Former Board Member
- Music Hall Former Trustee
- The Norman and Esther Allan Foundation, President
- The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1963 J.D.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1961 B.S., Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering & Economics