George A. Sumnik
George Sumnik is a partner in the Southfield office of Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss. His practice is predominantly in litigation and alternative dispute resolution and he is a member of the Firm's Insolvency and Reorganization, Litigation, and Real Estate Practice Groups.
Mr. Sumnik has represented parties in state and federal courts throughout the United States in a wide variety of complex matters ranging from trade secret and patent disputes to real estate and uniform commercial code matters.
He earned his Bachelor's degree with departmental honors and M.A. from Oakland University and is a cum laude and order of the coif graduate of Wayne State University Law School. Fluent in both Russian and Polish, Mr. Sumnik also attended Jagielonian University in Krakow, Poland as a Fulbright Scholar.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- dBusiness Top Lawyers, 2014
- American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell Top Rated Lawyer in Commercial Litigation 2013
- State Bar of Michigan—Member
- American Bar Association—Member
- Fulbright Alumni Association