Eric D. Novetsky
Eric D. Novetsky is a partner in the Southfield office of Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss. He is a member of the Firm's Finance Practice Group and its Insolvency & Reorganization Practice Group, specializing in the representation of lenders and borrowers in commercial loan transactions and litigation, as well as the representation of creditors, creditors' committees and corporate debtors in bankruptcy proceedings. Eric also represents property owners, managers and lessees before the Michigan Tax Tribunal and State Tax Commission in commercial property tax appeals.
Prior to joining Jaffe, Eric held positions at DaimlerChrysler, Eaton Corporation, and John Deere where he specialized in the fields of procurement, international logistics, foreign trade, customs, and materials management. Also, while attending law school, Eric served as an intern for the Honorable Bernard A. Friedman, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, DaimlerChrysler Financial Services' Office of General Counsel and Wilson Young, PLC.
Eric earned his Bachelor's degree from Michigan State University and is a cum laude and order of the coif graduate of Wayne State University Law School. He also earned his MBA from the University of Michigan, Dearborn.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals Sixth Circuit
- "The Absolute Priority Rule as an Absolute Rule: The Rejection of Secured Creditor 'Gifting' Under a Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization," Commercial Law League of America, Bankruptcy Law Section Newsletter, October 2011
- "Second Circuit Holds that Section 502(d) Does Not Apply to Administrative Expense Claims Under Section 503(b)(9) of the Bankruptcy Code," Commercial Law League of America, Bankruptcy Law Section Newsletter, 2009
- "Fifth Circuit Holds that Courts Should Consider Counsel's Lack of Involvement With Party in Ruling on Disqualification Due to Imputed Conflict," American Bankruptcy Institute, Ethics Committee, 2009
- Super Lawyers magazine Rising Star, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Lombard Fellowship Recipient, 2007-2008
- Donald E. Barris Mock Trial Competition Champion
- Wayne State University Civil Procedure Faculty Award Recipient, 2006-2007
- Turnaround Management Association - Board of Directors (Michigan Chapter) 2016-present
- State Bar of Michigan—Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute—Member
- Federal Bar Association—Member
- Turnaround Management Association NextGen - Founding Member of Board of Directors - 2013-2016