Elizabeth L. Luckenbach
Elizabeth L. Luckenbach is a partner in the Southfield office of Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss. She is a member of the Firm's Estate Planning / Probate and Litigation Practice Groups, with an emphasis in probate litigation, special needs planning and elder law.
Liz is a frequent speaker on topics such as elder law, special needs planning, and estate planning and probate. She previously taught as an Adjunct Professor at the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law. In 2005, Ms. Luckenbach was featured in the Michigan Lawyer's Weekly "Leaders in the Law" section as one of five "up and coming lawyers" in the State, and is currently designated as a Michigan Super Lawyer in the areas of Estate and Trust Litigation.
Liz earned her Bachelor's degree from Michigan State University and is a graduate of DePaul University College of Law.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- "Last Will & Testament Line by Line, A Detailed Look at Last Wills & Testaments and How to Change Them to Meet Your Needs," Aspatore Books (2009)
- "Inside the Minds: Trust and Estate Law Client Strategies," Aspatore Books (2008)
- "Advising the Older and Disabled Client," Institute of Continuing Legal Education (2004)
- Michigan Super Lawyer 2010, 2011, 2012
- State Bar of Michigan—Member
- State Bar Foundation—Fellow
- Oakland County Bar Association—Member
- Oakland County Bar Association Probate, Estates and Trusts Committee—Member
- Oakland County Bar Association Membership Committee—Member
- Oakland County Bar Foundation—Fellow, Trustee & President
- Wayne County Probate Bar Association—Board Member and Vice-President
- State Bar of Michigan Elder Law and Advocacy Section—Member
- State Bar of MIchigan Probate & Estate PLanning Section - Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys—Member
- Children’s Center for Wayne County—Board Member
- Detroit Zoological Society—Volunteer