Eli Maroko is a partner in the Southfield office of Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss. He is the Practice Group Coordinator of the Firm's Immigration Practice Group, specializing in immigration and nationality law.
Mr. Maroko earned his Bachelor's degree with Distinction from the University of Michigan and graduated with honors from Wayne State University Law School. He is Chairman of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Michigan Chapter.
- U.S. Federal Courts
- AILA National Conference (2011), "U.S. Admission of Business Travelers."
- "Major Revisions in Immigration Law," LACHES, the Oakland County Bar Association (1991)
- "Visa Cancellations," LACHES, the Oakland County Bar Association (1997)
- Nonimmigrant Visas, AILA National Conference (2008)
- Immigration Fundamentals, AILA Conference (2007)
- ABC Television's "Spotlight on the News" (Debate H-1b Issues)
- Oakland County Bar Association Presentation, "The New Immigration Act" (1992)
- Best Lawyers in America, 2014-2017
- Michigan Super Lawyer, since 2006
- Member Martindale Hubbell® rated "AV"
- dbusiness Top Lawyers, 2012 - 2016
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Michigan Chapter —Chairman (2009-11)
- AILA Co-Chair of US Customs and Border Protection Committee (Michigan) (2015-2017)
- AILA National Finance Committee-Member (2010-11, 2014-2017)
- AILA U.S. Labor Department Liaison Committee—Member
- AILA Michigan Chapter—Vice-Chair (2008-2009)
- AILA Michigan Chapter Media Committee—Chairman (2004-2006)
- State Bar of Michigan—Member
- American Bar Association—Member
- Oakland County Bar Association Immigration and International Law Committee—Chairman (1985-1989, 1993-1994)
- American Cancer Society, Southfield, Mich.—Vice President (1988-1990)