Deborah L. Baughman
Deborah L. Baughman is a partner in the Southfield office of Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss. She is a member of the Firm's Tax Practice Group, specializing in employee benefits and ERISA, including preparation, modification and termination of tax-qualified retirement plans, executive compensation, welfare and cafeteria plans, employment agreements, severance agreements, COBRA and HIPAA issues, health care reform, qualified / eligible domestic relations orders, plan compliance work before the IRS and Department of Labor.
Ms. Baughman earned her Bachelor's degree from Frostberg State University and received her Masters of Business Administration in Finance and Investment from George Washington University. She is a graduate of Wayne State University Law School. Ms. Baughman is a registered certified public accountant in the District of Columbia.
- "Woulda" "Coulda" "Shoulda" - Health Care Reform (published 2/2010) in Detroiter
- "Alphabet Soup in the Health Plan World" American Bar Association Section of Labor and Employment Law Newsletter (2010)
- "Are you Personally Responsible for Your Company's Taxes," Transaction World Magazine, Volume 2, Issue 3 (2002)
- "Creative Employee Benefit Options," Transaction Trends, Volume 5, Number 7 (2001)
- "The 'B' List: Low-cost Ways to Attract and Retain Your Employees," Detroiter, Human Resource Issue (2001)
- dBusiness Top Lawyer 2012, 2013
- State Bar of Michigan—Member
- American Bar Association—Member
- Oakland County Bar Association—Member
- City of Troy Personnel Board - Member