David J. Poirier
David Poirier is a partner in the Southfield office of Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss. He is a member of the Firm's Litigation Group and specializes in complex commercial litigation. He has litigated cases in Michigan and across the country in a broad array of substantive areas, including business contract disputes, business torts, automotive supplier and supply chain disputes, intellectual property and trade secret matters, sales representative/brokerage commission claims, securities claims, non-solicitation and non-competition employee disputes, banking and financial services, and accountant malpractice defense.
David is a cum laude graduate of Alma College and a graduate of the University of Michigan Law School.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- "Important Lessons for Your Next Commission Agreement," Midwest Real Estate News (2004)
- State Bar of Michigan—Member
- State Bar of Illinois—Member
- Federal Bar Association—Member
- Oakland County Bar Association—Member