Christopher A. Andreoff
Christopher A. Andreoff is a partner in the Southfield office of Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss. He is a member of the Firm's Criminal and Civil and the Privacy and Datasecurity Practice Groups, specializing in civil and criminal litigation, family law, administrative law, and appellate practice in both state and federal courts.
From 1973 to 1980, Chris was employed by the U.S. Department of Justice as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Michigan. While in that position, he was promoted in 1975 to the position of Chief of the Controlled Substances Unit and Assistant Chief of the Criminal Division.
From 1980 to 1984, he was appointed Deputy Chief and Acting Chief of the Detroit Strike Force by the U.S. Justice Department, prosecuting organized crime and labor racketeering cases throughout Michigan. During these 12 years with the U.S. Department of Justice, Chris tried more than 100 federal trials involving white-collar crime and other criminal violations.
In 1985, Chris became a partner at a Detroit law firm. During his association with that firm, he was chosen as the head of the litigation department, overseeing eight attorneys. He participated in more than 50 high profile civil and criminal trials in federal and state courts, both in this state and in other state jurisdictions. He joined Jaffe in 1994.
Chris earned his Bachelor's degree from Wayne State University, attended Washington University Law School and is a graduate of the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, where he was the recipient of the Moot Court Award.
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- "A Primer on Federal Criminal Procedure," Michigan Bar Journal (1993)
- "Primer on Federal Criminal Procedure," LACHES, a publication of the Oakland County Bar (1987)
- Lecturer/Instructor, Civil and Criminal Trial Practice Seminars, Federal Bar Association, Detroit Chapter
- Lecturer/Instructor, United State Attorney General's Advocacy Institute (1984)
- Best Lawyers in America "Lawyer of the Year" for 2017 in Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2014
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America (Trial Lawyer Honorary Society), 2008-2013
- 2012 Certificate of Appreciation from U. S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan for representation of individuals under the Criminal Justice Act
- dBusiness Top Lawyer, 2010-2016
- Best Lawyers in America, 2009-2017
- Michigan Super Lawyer, 2007-2016
- Who's Who in America, 1997-2009
- Who's Who in the Midwest, 1986-2009
- Who's Who in American Law, 1984-2009
- United States Attorney General's Special Commendation Award, 1979 & 1984-1985
- United States Department of Justice, 1979-1980 Member, Narcotics Advisory Committee
- State Bar of Michigan Criminal Law Section—Member
- The Florida Bar—Member
- Federal Bar Association, Detroit Chapter—Sustaining Member
- Federal Bar Association—Member
- Federal Bar Association, Detroit Chapter—Past Director (1989-1991)
- Federal Bar Association Criminal Law Section, Detroit Chapter—Past Chairman (1990-1991)