Brian G. Shannon
Brian G. Shannon is a partner in the Southfield office of Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss. He is a member of the Firm's Litigation Practice Group, and heads the Appellate Practice Group, focusing his practice entirely on appellate litigation.
Mr. Shannon earned his Bachelor's degree from Wayne State University and is a magna cum laude graduate of Wayne State University Law School, where he served as article and book review editor of the Wayne Law Review.
- Michigan—All state and federal courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 1st, 4th, 6th and 7th Circuits
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Michigan Appellate Handbook, Third Edition (ICLE 2014). Brian G. Shannon & Geatan Gerville-Reache
- Columnist for the Michigan Appellate Practice Journal
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly Lawyer of the Year, 2007
- Michigan Super Lawyer, 2006-2016
- Best Lawyers in America, 2007-2017
- dbusiness Top Lawyers, 2011-2016
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell for 25 years
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly named Brian Shannon Lawyer of the Year in 2007.
- State Bar of Michigan Appellate Practice Section—Founding Member & First Chair
- American Bar Association Committee on Appellate Practice—Member
- Michigan Appellate Bench-Bar Conference Foundation Executive Committee—Member
- St. John's Home Care—Hospice Volunteer