Alicia S. Schehr
Alicia S. Schehr is a member of the Jaffe's Insolvency & Reorganization and Financial Services Groups, specializing in bankruptcy, reorganization and financial services law. She is also Co-Chair of the Jaffe Women's Caucus Group.
Alicia earned her Bachelor's degree from Michigan State University and is a cum laude graduate of the University of Michigan Law School, where she also received Certificates of Merit Awards in Bankruptcy and Advanced Legal Research.
- Speaker at CLLA, Spring Conference, Chicago, Illinois, 2014 on "When Receiverships and Bankruptcy Collide: How Can You Use the Pre-Petition Appointment of a Receiver to you Advantage?"
- Webinar, Anatomy Of Preference Defenses, The Commercial Law League of America, 2013
- Speaker at CLLA National Conference, Chicago, Illinois, 2013, on "Post-Confirmation Jurisdiction - Was the Suit you are Defending Properly Preserved"
- Speaker at American Bankruptcy Institute, Detroit Consumers Bankruptcy Conference, Detroit, Michigan, 2012, on "Introduction to Individual Chapter 11 Cases: Part 1 (Chapter Choice: First Day Motions)"
- Speaker at American Bankruptcy Institute, Central States Bankruptcy Workshop, Traverse City, Michigan, 2007, on "Ouch! Administrative Insolvency and Disgorgement of Fees – Case Strategies"
- Speaker at NACM's teleconference seminar regarding preference defenses, 2004
- Speaker at NACM's teleconference seminar regarding Michigan's New Judgment Lien Statute, 2004
- Speaker at NACM's Creditors' Rights Seminar, February 2003
- Speaker at NACM–CFDD Conference East, Dayton, Ohio – October 2002
- Speaker at Business Roundtable on the Savvy Business Woman, Detroit, Michigan – January 2002
- Speaker at Creditors' Rights and Protection of Security Interests in Bankruptcy, Southfield, Michigan – February 2002
- Dangers of Waiver-of-Defense Clauses in Leases, LJN's Equipment Leasing Newsletter, Vol. 23, No. 8 (September 2004)
- Super Lawyers magazine Michigan Rising Star, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- dbusiness 30 in their Thirties
- State Bar of Michigan—Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Central States Bankruptcy Workshop—Board Member (2003 - 2008) and Materials Co-Chair (2005 – 2008)
- National Association of Credit Managers—Great Lakes, Director and Vice Chair/Secretary (2002-2005)
- International Women's Insolvency & Reorganization Confederation—Past Member
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association, Debtor/Creditor Section—Past Member
- National Association of Women Business Owners—Past Member
- Turnaround Management Association, Member and Program Committee Member
- Commercial Law League of America, Bankruptcy Section Executive Council